Monday, June 23, 2008

I love you berry berry much!!

Summer is here in the great white North, and you know what that means???

The food is even better!! It's fresher, sweeter, juicer, crunchier, and easier to find.

I went to a farmers market this weekend and was in a state of bliss. I was surrounded by produce that was picked the day before, freshly baked breads and pies, and eggs that were selected that morning.

And the berries, I have to mention them seperately, they were simply mouth-watering. The red ripe raspberries, the plump juicy strawberries and the delicious cherries, they overwhelmed my senses. They presented so many possiblities; jams, jellies, preserves, pies, ice creams, in salads, and as snacks, I could barely contain myself.

It was a foodies dream!!

0 comments:

A foodie fanatic   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP